|Responsible unit:||Department of Geosciences, Environment and Spatial Plannings|
|Course/CS Responsible:||First Degree in Landscape Architecture|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|L:AP||18||Planos de estudos a partir 2009||3||-||10||84||270|
|José Miguel Esteves Lameiras|
|Nuno Miguel Saraiva Lima Leite Costa|
Create and detail the organization and design of outdoor proximity spaces (e.g. small parks, gardens, green squares and small scale green structures – up to 3 ha) according to principles of ecosystems’ services promotion, social inclusion and aesthetic quality improvement. This learning experience is expressed in drawings, models, texts and tables, in order to compile a simple detailed design project.
General outputs and competences:
Students develop skills in problem solving, organization, and design of small to medium scale outdoor space. This is presented through technical drawings in a diversity of communication supports at different scales. Students develop their work in written and designed sheets in the following themes: survey and analysis of the existing situation; organization and site layout; grading and water runoff: built structures; planting of trees, shrubs and groundcovers; irrigation, illumination and maintenance; construction details.
- Organization and design of outer space: form, function, ecology and environment, social inclusion and aesthetic landscape quality (unity, diversity and harmony).
- Grading and water runoff: guiding principles, form and sizing.
- Paths and built structures: guiding principles, form and sizing.
- Planting of trees, shrubs and groundcovers: guiding principles, form and sizing.
- Irrigation and draining typologies: guiding principles, form and sizing.
- Outdoor lighting typologies: guiding principles, form and sizing.
- Management and maintenance of the green structure: guiding principles, form and sizing.
To be eligible the students must:
Final grade = 0,3*Component 1 + 0,4*Component 2 + 0,3*Component 3