The Master’s Programme in Agricultural Engineering aims to provide:
- Technical and scientific know-how to enable professionals to resolve problems and design solutions in the agronomy, agro environmental and agro industrial sectors
- Expertise to fulfil management responsibilities in the agricultural and agro industrial fields
- Skills necessary for the design and implementation of projects and innovative studies in the agronomy and agro industrial fields
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree, or legal equivalent, in Agronomic Engineering, Agronomy or similar areas;
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree in one of the areas described in the previous paragraph;
- Holders of any Bachelor's degree or legal equivalent who successfully attended the ‘Continuing Training Course in Agronomy’ from the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Porto;
- Other graduates with additional training in the field of Agricultural Sciences of at least 42 ECTS will be admitted.
- Holder of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that the Scientific Committee of this MSc degree recognizes as sufficient to attest the ability to carry out this cycle of studies.
Note: All candidates who do not prove that they have completed their degree (or equivalent) by the end of the registration deadline will be excluded.
Selection Criteria and Results
Candidates will be ranked according to the following criteria and sub-criteria:
- Academic Curriculum (field of the Bachelor´s Degree and average mark obtained) (80%)
- 1.1 Relevance of the Field of the Bachelor´s Degree (30%)
Agronomic Engineering and Agricultural Engineering 100 Pts; Forest Engineering, Animal Sciences and Biology 90 Pts; Landscape Architecture, Biochemistry and Food Engineering 80 PTs; other 20 to 90 Pts
- 1.2 Average Mark of Bachelor´s degree (50%)
If the candidate already holds another Master's Degree, it will be added 2 points (base of 20 points) to the classification obtained in the Bachelor´s degree
- Scientific Curriculum and Professional Experience (20%)
- 2.1 Technical and/or scientific publications and communications (10%)
- 2.2 Participation in research projects, internships or other relevant professional experience (10%)
Candidates who do not yet have concluded their Bachelor's degree at the moment of application will be ranked according to the criteria indicated above, but replacing the final average of bachelor's degree with the weighted average of the courses taken. However, candidates who do not prove that they have completed their degree (or equivalent) by the end of the registration deadline will be excluded.
Candidates' tiebreaker criteria:
- In the event of a tie in the initial ranking, the highest classification will be used as a tiebreaker using the order of the sub-criteria presented above.
This information is provided strictly for informational purposes
and does not preclude consultation of the Official Gazette.