The Master’s in Education organised by the FCUP are second cycle, professional degrees qualifying students to teach in primary and secondary schools.
This degree provides the scientific and pedagogical skills required to teach physics and chemistry in the 3rd cycle of primary and in secondary education. It harmonises the educational process with the need for teacher qualifications which have arisen as a result of changes in society and education and the evolution of science and technology. The degree guarantees careful instruction in both general and specific areas of knowledge and know-how required for quality professional training whilst it also prepares practitioners to face the novel demands of education.
- Holders of the degree of “Licenciatura” (or included in article 17 (b) to (d) of DL 74/2006 in the wording given by DL65/2018), without professional qualification for teaching in the group of recruitment of Physics and Chemistry, which have obtained at least 50 credits in Physics, 50 in Chemistry and 120 in the sum of these two areas.
- People can also apply if, in compliance with the remaining conditions, they meet only 75% of the minimum credit requirements mentioned above; in this case they must obtain additional training for the missing credits to cover the minimum credits, after joining the course but before the enrollment in the specific Didactics and also Initiation into Professional Practice.
- Prior evaluation, in specific tests for this purpose, of the oral and written command of the Portuguese language and the mastery of the essential rules of logical and critical argumentation is compulsory.
- Candidates who are able to complete a 1st cycle of studies at the date of their enrollment in this master's degree and who meet 75% of the minimum credits required established for their respective master's degree are also accepted
- For candidates without a graduation when applying to be admitted, but in position to conclude it by the end of that period, it is necessary to certify the average of curricular units already made and specify the curricular units that are not concluded.
Note: will be excluded all candidates that do not prove to have concluded the graduation (or similar) and do not fulfil the requirements defined in all paragraphs, by the end of the subscription period.
Criteria for Selection and Ranking
Ranking will be defined by the following criteria:
- Graduation average.
For candidates without a graduation when applying to be admitted, but in position to conclude it by the end of that period, curricular average by the time of requirement.
Criteria to tie-break:
- Having a master in the area of chemistry, physics, education or related areas.
- Grade of the evaluation of the oral and written mastery of Portuguese and of the essential rules of logical and critical argumentation.
- Interview, if needed.
This information is provided strictly for informational purposes
and does not preclude consultation of the Official Gazette.