May apply to the cycle of studies leading to the doctor's degree:
- Holders of a master's degree, or legal equivalent, in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Economics or related areas.
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum, that is recognized as attesting to the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the legal scientific and statutorily competent body of the university where he/she wishes to be admitted. English proficiency.
Selection and Ranking Criteria
The selection criteria are based on the merit of:
- Curriculum Vitae, including the classifications in previous degrees;
- Reference letters; These letters must be sent directly by the recommenders to email@example.com with the subject "MAP-PDMA/ candidate’s name".
- Motivation letter.
The above criteria have weights 5, 3 and 2, respectively.
Criteria (i): Will be classified in the scale 0-5.
Criteria (ii): Reference letters from professors or researchers working in a recognised institution reporting an
- Excellent evaluation of the candidate: 5,0 points;
- Very Good evaluation of the candidate: 4,0 points;
- Good evaluation of the candidate: 3,0 points;
- Sufficient evaluation of the candidate: 2,0 points.
Criteria (iii): Evaluation of the motivation letter with
- Excellent: 5,0 points;
- Very Good: 4,0 points;
- Good: 3,0 points;
- Sufficient: 2,0 points;
- Insufficient: 1,0 point.
Candidates' tiebreaker criteria:
- For applicants with equal rank, the youngest candidate will be ranked first