The overall goal of this master is to give students a solid foundation and an advanced knowledge in emerging areas of Cell and Molecular Biology. After the course, students will be able to:
- Explain and describe the fundamental processes in cell and molecular biology, how they take place and are controlled;
- Integrate the acquired knowledge from a whole perspective on cell mechanisms, at biochemical, physiological and molecular levels;
- Use basic laboratory skills in molecular biology and cell biology;
- Communicate and work efficiently in a team, prepare and give a scientific presentation, and organize their work according to an agreed time plan;
- Demonstrate capacity to analyze and comment pertinent scientific information;
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical aspects of research;
- Demonstrate an ability to identify his/her need to constantly update and for life-long learning.
Study cycles´s objectives.
- To promote the excellence of advanced formation in emerging areas of Cell and Molecular Biology, through advanced research-oriented training in the modern knowledge frontiers;
- To create conditions for the student to acquire the capacity to conceive, plan and develop scientific research;
- To prepare strong Ph.D. candidates who are well trained and that can be competitive and confident in performing research in international settings;
- To increase the student’s awareness for the possible professional opportunities that a master can offer outside the academic area, as well as the relevance of the knowledge gained as far as social, cultural and technological progress are concerned.
Criteria for Selection and Ranking
This information is provided strictly for informational purposes
and does not preclude consultation of the Official Gazette.