- Social, cultural and historical valorization based on the image;
- Expansion of the image field through technology;
- Contribution to visual literacy;
- Integration of documental image in applied research projects;
- Construction of communication objects with ethical and social visions;
- Production of critical thinking about the contemporary cultural universe;
- Integration of students into active public life.
Fields of Specialization
- Design and Citizenship;
- Photography and Cinema;
- Illustrated Narratives;
- Design and Sustainability;
- Cultural Heritage: Archive and Memory;
- Critical and Emerging Practices;
- Interaction and Games.
- Recognition in the academic, cultural and professional contexts, in Portugal and abroad;
- The growth of visual literacy in cultural and social contexts, in a world increasingly post-linguistic and superabundant in visual stimuli;
- Innovation by leveraging the contemporary processes of image reconfiguration on a cultural and technological level;
- The consolidation of an active historical heritage through the use of visual systems in continuous process of updating;
- Achieving these goals through applied research projects developed in a partnership network, relevant and transformative of society, culture and art;
- The creation of visibility contexts through media devices, exhibitions, development pro- grams, editorial projects, and education and literacy programs.
- 4 semesters (120 ECTS) confers Master’s Degree;
- First Year - subjects in total of 60 ECTS.
- Second Year - Project Methodologies II (6 ECTS);
Original dissertation, project work or an internship report (54 ECTS).
Specialty in Image Design (66 ECTS credits), First Year (60 ECTS) plus Project Methodologies II (6 ECTS)