|Responsible unit:||Fine Arts Department|
|Course/CS Responsible:||Fine Arts|
|Acronym||No. of Students||Study Plan||Curricular Years||Credits UCN||Credits ECTS||Contact hours||Total Time|
|AP||41||Official Study Plan 2011||3||-||4,5||64||121,5|
|Francisco Artur de Vaz Tomé Laranjo|
The study of the context and the ceramic raw material allows to know the ceramic process and to identify the features of ceramic materials.
Knowledge of ceramic equipment and laboratory practice allow exploiting the expressive potential of ceramic techniques from the field of the use of ceramic kilns, machines, tools and utensils, well as testing different clays, ceramic fluxing agents and auxiliary products.
The modelling exercises, sculpture and ceramic painting allow experimental methodologies associated with working in the studio.
Theoretical and practical classes, the use of digital platforms, the practical component exercises, study visits to exhibitions, workshops and other activities organized abroad allow to know the ceramic process, enhance the experimental methodologies associated with the studio work and encourage discussion criticism of the current ceramics.
- The ceramics in context: concepts and genres;
- Raw materials: geological characterization;
The teaching-learning process takes place in the space of the Faculty, with possible field trips and workshops with invited experts. The teaching methods used are summarized as follows:
• Practical lessons in the classroom aimed at UC of Ceramic.
• Other practical classes using audiovisual media, texts and others.
• Use of digital platforms for discussion and information sharing.
• Visits to exhibitions, studios and other activities organized abroad.
The classes of the UC of Ceramic will have a practical component with the following exercises:
1) Modelling a relief in white stoneware. Size: approximately 30 x 40 cm (minimum thickness of 2 cm). Study of the plans, surfaces and textures.
2) Modelling of a sculpture in stoneware. (Bloc, layers or rolls of clay).
3) Painting a panel of glazed tiles with engobes, ceramic pigments, oxides and glazes.
Final report on the development of work established.
|Trabalho de campo||10,00|
|Trabalho prático ou de projeto||60,00|
|Elaboração de projeto||15,00|
|Frequência das aulas||60,00|
|Trabalho de campo||25,00|
Distributed evaluation without final exam.
The evaluation process is continuous and by the
end of the semester the student must present a report
with the projects of each exercise , fact sheets ,
a brief descriptive text, photographic records of the
various stages of the process and the finished ceramic pieces