The mission of U.Porto Editorial is to define and implement the editorial policy of the U.Porto, publishing in any possible editing format, artistic, literary, technical, scientific and educational works of the members of the University of Porto (preferably) and of all those who intend to do so, ensuring a high level of editorial quality.
The U.Porto Editorial provides the University of Porto with a specific space for the dissemination of academic works in the university to convey to an interested and demanding audience an image of scientific and editorial quality, based on the following editorial principles:
- Promote the publication of works produced at the University in the course of its mission: academic education, scientific research, rendering services to the community;
- Promote the publication of interdisciplinary studies produced within the University or fulfilling agreements with other bodies outside the University;
- Publish studies produced within the various areas of knowledge which due to their intrinsic scientific quality deserve to be published;
- Intervene in the dissemination of scientific, technical and artistic knowledge, by stimulating the editing of works intended for vaster and different audiences;
- Intervene in the promotion of heritage and the dissemination of the activity of the University of Porto;
- Promote the translation and editing of foreign works considered of interest;
- Develop activities and initiatives of a cultural, scientific, educational and promotional nature that best fit its purposes.
The books published by U.Porto Editorial can be purchased at the U.Porto shop or on its website, as well as in a number of selected bookstores. In the U.Porto Editorial website you will find all the publications of the University of Porto.
You can contact U.Porto Editorial via e-mail address editupreit.up.pt.