The Journalism and Communication Sciences Department gathers the scientific areas of Communication Sciences and Information Science, seeking to develop the activities of its members:
- Education in FLUP’s graduate and non-graduate courses or others in which FLUP participates;
- Scientific and fundamental research applied to technological development;
- Diffusion and valorization of research outcomes;
- Provision of services outside FLUP, with the goal of contributing for a sociocultural development;
- National and international cultural extension.
DJCC owns a teaching staff and researchers with technical and scientific skills for teaching and developing fundamental and applied research projects, as well as for the provision of specialized services in these scientific areas. Its position in the U. Porto, together with the knowledge and the competence of its members, creates privileged conditions for teaching, researching and for the connection with the community. The component of theoretical and practical applications in information and communication technology areas shouldn’t be disregarded either.